Sure, I enjoy stuffing my car trunk with bags of fabulous finds on occasions. But finding fabulous finds without breaking the bank brings greater pleasure with best Shopping Tips.
Let’s face it, it’s a new economy and many are looking for creative, cost saving ways to spend less while scoring more. That’s why I thrift. I make. I retail (in that order… lol). Here are 5 tips to help you score fabulous finds and build that fabulous wardrobe at a fraction of the cost.
1. Shop Off Season – Some of the best deals you can ever score happens when you scourer the racks at your favorite stores off-season. This means shopping for summer clothes in the winter. Applying this basic shopping principle can save you anywhere from 50-75% off the original price.
The downside to this is that your options may be no easy pickings. Often times, these racks would have been rummaged through before you would have had you chance. Calling your favorite stores to find out when they do their off-season mark downs could help you get first dibs.
2. Consider Thrifting – Thrifting or consignment shopping is part of my fashion shopping routine. I find great pleasure in scouring the consignment universe for fabulous vintage and designer items at exceptional steals.
If the concept of finding amazing fabulous finds on a budget soothes your soul as well as your wallet; then thrift or consignment boutique shopping is certainly for you.
While thrifting isn’t for everyone, if you have patience and are willing to leave any preconceived notions behind—-you can walk away with fabulous fashion finds. Online consignment boutiques like Thredup.com, Therealreal.com, Poshmark.com, Liketwice.com and Threadflip.com have amazing deals and inventory.
You must also like:
- 10 Best Laptops to Buy in 2020 for Under $500
- 10 Best Selling Clothing Brands In The World
- 3 Tips On Picking The Best Wireless Speakers
- 5 Best USB Microphones For Podcasting
- 5 Great Shopping Tips
3. Shop Red – The first stop when I enter a store is the clearance rack. I’m going straight to those racks seeking out those price tags with the red line going straight through the original prices. Many times I fulfill my retail therapy right in the clearance sections; making it easier for me to avoid the rest of the store.
4. Invest in Staples – Investing in staple must-haves provide more styling flexibility and more options in your wardrobe building process. There are some items that you absolutely need readily available in your closet.
These make up the basis of your wardrobe; they’re the must haves, no matter what your style – they are the wardrobe essentials. They are versatile, classic and of great quality. Shopping Tips
Items such as a pencil skirt, black blazer, great pair of jeans, a LBD and a classic black handbag all fall under this category. Starting out with these staple basics gives you the opportunity to mix-and-match, while creating the illusion of an expensive wardrobe.
5. Shop Discount Designer Stores – If you love bargain shopping like I do, you may want to consider frequenting some of these discount retail stores when going on your next shopping spree. Stores like TJMaxx.com, Bluefly.com, TheOutNet.com, Yoox.com, Neiman Marcus Last Call and Marshalls to name a few are great bargain stores with fabulous designer brands at exceptional prices.