Saina Nehwal (born on 17 March 1990) is an India professional badminton player who has won over 23 International titles, which include 10 super series titles.
“Once you are satisfied with your goal, it is the real happiness.’
She is the first Indian to win the Junior badminton world championship and a medal in every BWF (Badminton World Federation) major events like the Olympics, the BWF Championships and Junior Championship. In 2006, she became the first Indian female and the youngest Asian to win a 4-star tournament.
In 2015, Saina Nehwal became the first female badminton player from India to become world No 1 ranking player and second Indian player after Prakash Padukone.
Throughout her career, she has shown her mettle by winning first position in the BWF Super series 2009, Gold medal at the 2010 and 2018 Commonwealth games, bronze medal at the 2012 London Olympics, in addition to this she also won Super series Title in 2009, Indian Open Grand Prix Title in 2009, Singapore Super Series, Indonesia Super Series, India Open Grand Prix Gold title in 2010, Hongkong Super series in 2010, Swiss Open GP Gold Title in 2011.
In 2012, she won several tournaments including Indonesia Open, Denmark Open and China Open. She is first player to win the Asian Satellite Badminton Tournament twice and World Super Series thrice.
You Must also Like:
- How to start making money with Amazon Affiliate program.
- Easiest Way To Accept Payment via PayPal.
- .BIZ – The Perfect Place for Your Online Business
- Best Fashion Bloggers in India
- Website To Make Money Online By Doing Micro Jobs In 2020
At the age of 18, Badminton World Federation named Sania as the ‘Most Promising Player of the Year’ 2008, she further received the prestigious Arjuna Award, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, the Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan award by Government of India.
She was appointed as a member of the International Olympic Committee’s Athletes’ Commission. She is supported by the Olympic Gold Quest.
Life lesson– Focus is the key to success. Successful people like her knows the significance of FOCUS in life. As being focussed allows them to: –
- Enhance quality of work.
- Fosters creativity and innovativeness.
- Reduce stress
- Achieve better results.
- Makes them fell more in control.
- Reduce distractions/ disturbances.
- Become more optimist.
- Embrace change.
- Accept failures. Learn from them and move on.
- Evaluate their strengths and weaknesses and facilitates them to focus on their strengths to offset their limitations.
- Deal with situation, it especially helps them to pact with their problems in a more proactive way.
- Stay motivated.
- Move in a pre-determined desired purposeful direction with appropriate planning and decision-making.
- Utilise their time more productively and profitably.
- In a nutshell, aids them to use their time and other resources in a more fruitful, effective and efficient way.